Saturday, August 16, 2014

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

I had a particularly busy day recently in which I woke up tired from staying up late watching YouTube videos. I didn't feel up to picking up trash but decided to do it anyway. After doing that I felt good about myself and tried to do as many chores as I could think of. Whenever I do one activity and it leads to another, it reminds me of a book I read when I was a kid called "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie". It goes, "if you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk" and snowballs from there. I put a link to someone narrating the book. It's still just as cute as when I first read it.


 I was going to just tell you about my day, but I thought that would be boring. So I decided to make a comic out of it. I exaggerated a few things, but it's the idea that matters the most. Here it is:















































That was a good example of a "Give a Mouse a Cookie" day. I drew a shorter one of a not-so positive action/ consequence chain which is annoyingly common for me.








































Those are all YouTube things urging me to wake up, in case you didn't get it (I know, the best joke is one you have to explain, huh?) One of them is the Angry Video Game Nerd. He's become a hero to me. He makes hilarious videos where he reviews bad old games and he recently made a movie. David and I drove to L.A. to see it, and I'm glad we did. I'm amazed by how someone who lives in New Jersey could create something so many people are able to see and love. That is one of the best things about the internet- that creative and determined people can be seen and heard by audiences that previously would only hear what the mainstream media thinks people will like. People like James Rolfe (the Nerd) are what inspires me to try to make this blog as good as possible and reach as many people as I can. If he can do it, maybe I can too.

Be warned if you want to check out a video of his, there is a lot of swearing. Here's a good one:


4 comments: